This private island is located on the bay of Angra dos Reis in the state of Rio de Janeiro. A 40-minute ride by helicopter from Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo. There is a commuter flight from Rio to Paraty every Friday afternoon returning Sunday afternoon. The island is only 15 minutes away by speedboat from this beautiful landmarked Portuguese colonial city with excellent restaurants and very charming stores. From São Paulo by car it's a 3 and half hour drive.
The 3 houses are in complete harmony with nature. The materials used to build them were wood, stones and a lot of glass so you always have a feeling that you're outdoors but protected from the occasional rain. The island is 1,400,000 square feet big (130.000 m2) with a beach 300 feet long (30 meters). There is a trail around the whole island (25 minute hike).
- The main house has 2 guest bedrooms with king size beds, 2 bathrooms for each of the bedrooms, a home theater/library the same size as the bedrooms, a powder room, a bar to serve the decked area, a dinning room with a table for 10 people, a living room with a fire place (it gets chilly in the winter), a breakfast room adjacent to the kitchen and a pantry. Just outside the kitchen, behind the house, there is a washing area and a 1/2 bathroom for the help.
Mezzanine: a game room and an office/den. All the rooms and bathrooms have ocean view. Only the breakfast room and kitchen don't. A very wide deck surrounds the whole house. A glass roof covers this deck and it has a retractable canvas right bellow it to create shade when necessary.
- The couple's house has a master bedroom with king size bed, 2 full bathrooms, one on each side of the bedroom, 2 walk in closets in the entrance of each bathroom. Her bathroom has a bathtub with ocean and beach view and his has a shower with ocean view. This house has a living area with fireplace and a breakfast area. The square footage is 960 without the deck that is covered by a glass roof, so you can stay outside even when it's raining. The deck area has 480 square feet. From this deck you can get to the ocean going down a beautiful stair made with stones. There is also a hot tub right beside the house.
- The beach house has one bedroom with 2 twin beds, a bathroom with a closet area and a living area. It also has a glass roof covered area where there is a ping-pong table and a barbecue kitchen. It has a powder room that serves the outside area, so the house doesn't get all sandy.
- It has a helipad with all the lights needed for night landing and take off;
- Air conditioning in all rooms except dinning room, living room, game room and den;
- The island is 12 minutes away from Paraty in a speedboat 22 feet long (8 passengers) with a Mercury 135 OPTIMAX engine that is included;
- There is a marina on the main land (10 Km north of Paraty) and just five minutes away from the island where you can leave your car and get on the boat to go to the island;
- The island is just 1 mile (1.6 KM) away from the main land;
- 2 generators of 110 KW each and 2 generators of 15 KW each.
- The main kitchen is equipped with industrial refrigerator, freezer and stove. All inox.
- There is one fishing boat to be used by the housekeeper on everyday chores and a motored canoe (it goes very fast) in case the speedboat breaks down;