Among the charming seaside bungalows of the exclusive Bakoven area is Seaside Haven, right on the water’s edge. There are few places in the world that can compare with this villa’s location and aspect.
Originally a fisherman’s cottage where lobster and abalone were collected from the rock pools in the early morning, today the beach in front of Seaside Haven is a protected area. However guests can still enjoy the fresh ocean air, beautiful sea views and gorgeous Cape Town sunsets.
The villa has undergone a transformation since its humble beginnings; the most recent renovation was completed in 2010 by world famous Turkish architect Ali Kemali and the interiors where created by revered interior designer, Yelda Bayakatar. However, the house is protected by the City Council meaning the foundation and exterior of the house have remained mostly unchanged.
Entering the villa one is struck by the breathtaking views of the ocean, and opening the stackable glass doors fills the house with the sounds and smells of the ocean.
The luxury open-plan kitchen overlooks the living room area, and then straight out to sea. A large dining room table seating 8 people is perfectly positioned below the exquisite chandeliers. The second bedroom and study with computer facilities are behind the living area.
The spectacular master bedroom on the lower level has a large bed next to a gas fireplace, and an open plan bathroom with an oval bath and enormous double shower. The stackable glass doors directly in front of the bed open onto the pool deck, metres away from the ocean.
The swimming pool and little garden are all that separate Seaside Haven from a little patch of beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
The shops, restaurants and bars, and famous beach of Camps Bay is a short distance down the road from Bakoven, and the beautiful beach at Llandudno is a short drive in the other direction.
* TOP LEVEL: Guests enter the open plan kitchen and living area at this level.
* Kitchen – State of the art kitchen.
* Lounge – Stylish couches for enjoying the view and comfortable chairs in front of the flat-screen TV.
* Bedroom – Double bed with en-suite shower. Study – With internet access, it can be converted to a third bedroom on request only.
* LOWER LEVEL: Main Bedroom – Open plan bedroom, with gas fireplace, and bathroom with bath and double shower. Stackable doors open onto the swimming pool deck.
* OUTSIDE AREAS: Swimming Pool – A heated plunge pool surrounded by a wooden deck.
* A small garden runs onto the beach.
* SECURITY: CCTV and alarm systems protect the property.
* LOCATION: Beach – Ocean at the bottom of the garden and beach within minutes walk. Restaurants – 10 min walk. Shops – 10 min walk. Cape Town City Centre – 10 min drive.