Villa Qta Marinha is a comfortable, modern home with a superior location on Portugal's sunny Costa do Sol. Luxuriously furnished with modern amenities, this large space is perfect for a group of friends or a family with small children. The town of Cascais is only a few minutes away, where you can find shops, restaurants, the marina, supermarkets and local churches. The quiet terrace offers a perfect spot for a relaxing aperitivo at the end of the day while the expansive gardens contain mature pine trees and a swimming pool that can be used throughout the year.
Villa Qta Marinha is composed of 4 bedrooms and a sunny living area with a TV, private library, board games and some books in English. Large, sliding glass doors open directly onto the garden and pool. The kitchen is an amazing surprise and is one of the most pleasant areas of the house, fully equipped with stove, oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher and washing machine. The separate dining room has seating for up to 8 guests. Each of the beautifully appointed bedrooms have direct access to the garden; there is a double bedroom, two twin rooms and a bedroom with a single bed. The house includes free wireless Internet access and a safe.
The property is located at the foot of the Sintra hills in Guincho, which boasts a beautiful sandy beach and wild Mediterranean vegetation. Popular with surfers and increasingly known for excellent windsurfing conditions, visitors can also enjoy fantastic seafood and fresh fish at any of the local restaurants. Don’t forget to visit the nearby cliffs of Boca do Inferno and Cabo da Roca. The lighthouse was completed in 1772 and is over 144 metres (472 feet) tall. Cabo da Roca is the westernmost point of the European continent, marked by a monument with a crucifix bearing an inscription from the 16th Century Portuguese poet, Luis de Camões:
“Here... Where the land ends and the sea begins...”
Last but not least, golf lovers will be staying in the one of Portugal’s most popular areas for golfing. Two courses can be found within the grounds of Quinta da Marinha and the Estoril Coast boasts a number of excellent golf courses, all with individual characteristics:
* Quinta da Marinha – Located adjacent to the property, this 18-hole, 6,112 metre long golf course is probably one of the best designed by Robert Trent Jones.
* Oitavos Golf – Also set within Quinta da Marinha, this 18-hole, par 71 course was built over sand dunes and offers beautiful ocean views.
* Golf Estoril – Enjoying a superb panoramic view of the ocean, there are two courses set among fragrant pine and mimosa trees: the 18-hole, par 69 Championship Course designed by Mckenzie Ross and the 9-hole Blue Course.
* Estoril Sol – This 9-hole course was designed by John Harris and Ron Fream and is a great test of player’s skill.
Penha Longa – The Atlântico is a spectacular 18-hole, 6,158 metre long course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. Penha Longa also offers a 9-hole course – Mosteiro.
* Quinta da Beloura – This golf course has a classic style with two par 3s, two par 5s and five par 4s for each nine holes, making a par total of 72.
Rental price includes linen, towels, electricity, heating and water. Catering and housekeeping services are available upon request for an additional charge.